Who am I?

My photo
I am not religious, but I don't mind calling myself spiritual. Religion, I believe, has, over the millennia, been used as a prop to perpetrate a lot of human suffering. Faith is what matters. I don't believe in the definition of God as a creator. According to me, my God resides within me. Some call it conscience, some call it the sub-conscious, some call it the soul. I don't mind calling it God. So by definition I am not an atheist or an agnostic, but by essence, I may as well be. My God does not reside in a temple, church, mosque or gurudwara. It is right here, within me.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Sick Idea!!

So I’ve noticed, the genesis of many beautiful and potential laden ideas lies in the time when I’m down with sickness. The utterly confounding realization of this idea occurred to me today when I was lying in my bed, enjoying an off from work because of the abrupt onset of fever yesterday. It is not just the seminal ideas, but the thoughts fraught with inspiration that shoot a virtual rocket of awakening through my consciousness. It felt as if I woke up from a long dream to a world I had known all along – to being the person that I was once upon a time. To the imperturbable and no-nonsense version of me that I had but forgotten. To the disciplined and persevering version of me whose fleeting image I could almost touch but not quite. I woke hungry for a precept which once defined me – having clarity of a vision which I, in my long days of uncaring lethargy, had long assumed indelibly nebulous and hazy. The irony, in me feeling more refreshed than I had in months, despite being down with sickness, made me smile. Good morning, me. A new day has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment